Summary:- As we know that Outlook is the most famous email client in business organizations. This email client acts as a blood in a business organization. That helps to transfer all the essential data between two parties. But, the problem comes when they move from MS Outlook to Gmail. However, in this blog we have discussed the two different ways to import OST file into Gmail without Outlook in just minutes.
How Does OST Function?
Offline Outlook Data or OST file is supported by Office 365, IMAP, and Exchange, which helps to back up and sync duplicates of your mailbox data on your system. You can use an OST file without any internet connection. But, the only thing is you can not send emails to anyone. Once the server connectivity stores all the changes that you have made will be synchronized to your server. It means that you don’t need to worry about your OST file data being different from your server data.
Prominent Ways to Import Outlook to Gmail
You can do migration by using the different methods such as professional method and manual method method. Here, first we discuss the professional method and then we discuss the manual method to migrate Outlook to Gmail.
Migrate OST to Gmail by using the OST to PST Converter
To migrate/import OST to Gmail you don’t even need to install Outlook. You only need to install the software is OST Converter. So let’s move to a professional approach to import OST file to Gmail.
Step: 01) Download and install the OST to PST Converter and click on the next button.
Step: 02) In the new tab choose the OST file that you want to convert and click on the next button.
Step: 03) After this click on the next button to start the scanning process.
Step: 04) In the next button choose the OST folder from the tree like structure and preview email content and hit on the next button.
Step: 05) After this select the email client from the drop down menu to migrate OST file to PST.
Step: 06) Enter your Gmail credentials and set the path to save button and click on the next button.
Step:07) Lastly click on the convert button to start the conversion process.
So, here we complete the professional methods to import OST files to Gmail. Now let’s move to another step which is the manual method.
Import OST to Gmail by using the GSMMO Method
This manual method involves the 3 major steps that we need to use to import OST to Gmail by using the GSMMO Method. 3 Major steps to follow:
- Extract OST file
- Save OST to PST
- Import PST to Gmail using GMMO
Step 01) Extract OST file
- Open MS Outlook and Go to the file tab.
- Now go to the account setting and click on the account setting.
- Then go to the data files tab and hit the OST file that you migrate to Gmail.
- Now hit the open file location.
- OST files can be extracted from this location.
Normally the location of an OST file is C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook but sometimes the location of an OST file depends upon the user’s preference where he wants to save the OST file.
Once you extract the OST file, you will have to convert it into a PST file.
Step 02) Save OST file to PST
If you want to import OST to Gmail, then first you need to convert it into PST.
- Open MS Outlook and go to the file tab.
- Click on the open and import and choose import/export.
- Then click on the export to a file option and then click on the next button.
- Here new dialogue will open and click on the Outlook Data File (.pst)option.
- After this click on the next button and choose the account where you want to migrate to PST.
- Now click on the next to continue then browse the location to save the resultant file.
- At the end click on the finish button and your OST file will be converted.
Step 03) Import PST to Gmail by using the GSMMO Tool
GSMMO stands for Google Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook. It is a free service provided by Google that helps you to import the converted OST to PST file format to Gmail. You can follow the steps below:-
- Install G Suite migration for Microsoft Outlook.
- Then enter your login details and click on the next button.
- Here, the sign-in page will open and GSMMO will ask for your permission to access your google account and you will have to give permission to access.
- Here, a new dialogue box will open then select the PST file option from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the next button and location will be opened where all PST files are saved.
- A PST file that has been converted from OST can even be created by pasting the location’s file path into the Address bar.
- The PST file will be imported and you can proceed by clicking next.
- After making the customizations to the migrations settings, click migrate to complete the migration.
- Lastly, the PST migration process will start and you will receive a confirmation email once the process is completed.
You can now log into your Gmail account and view the imported PST file in the Left Pane. This is the process for importing an OST file into Gmail. You must convert it to PST first, and then use the GSMMO Tool to import that file into Gmail.
In this blog we have given you two options to import OST file to Gmail and you are completely free to choose any option to import OST file to Gmail. But, if you opt for a manual method then you find that it is a large complex and time taken process. On the other side if you opt for a professional method then you simply import/migrate OST file to Gmail without any restrictions.
Anshuman Singh is a Technical Content Writer at Data Conversion Tool. He is a Tech enthusiast, in Data Recovery, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, and the Robotics technology domain. He loves to write about the latest technology and software updates.