How many days or weeks in a month? 1 month or year how many working days? This is how to calculate the prorated salary based on working hours and the number of working days in a month according to regulations in Indonesia at Insight Talent.
There are some differences in the rules of working hours and the number of days worked in a month that apply in different countries.
If you glance at Europe, several major countries on the blue continent, such as France, Germany, and the Netherlands, apply working hours of less than 30 hours a week.
Meanwhile, several countries such as Mexico and South Korea apply for working hours of more than 40 hours a week.
The determination of working hours usually depends on the work culture that is built in each country. Of course, working hours have a great influence on a working day in the country. So, what about the regulations on official working hours in Indonesia and the effective working days that apply in Indonesia?
Here’s How to Calculate Working Hours and the Number of Working Days in a Month According to Official Calculations
Talent has a time management feature that can be used to manage employee working hours, employee leave, attendance, and calendar.
You can look up information on how many days a month, how many weeks, 1 year, 1 month how many working days, and even calculate employee working hours.
If you want to know this time management feature in more detail, you can try it yourself by clicking the button below.
Continue how to calculate the number of working days in a month and the number of working days in a month according to regulations in Indonesia.
Working Day Rules in Indonesia
The Indonesian government regulates the provisions on working hours that may be applied by companies in the Manpower Law No.13 of 2013.
In this law, companies in the archipelago can apply two schemes, namely 5 working days for companies implementing 8 hours of operation per day, and 6 working days for companies implementing 7 hours of operation.
The number of working hours and working days listed is the maximum amount that can be applied by the company.
This means that the employer can apply the number of working hours or less than the stipulations.
Furthermore, these working hours are also effective working hours that do not count as rest periods.
In other words, rest hours are not part of the 8 hours of working time in one day.
Then, what about companies that ask employees to work beyond the time limit specified in the Labor Law?
Through the Decree of the Minister of Manpower No. 102 of 2004, companies are obliged to pay overtime wages to employees who work outside of operational hours.
There are two conditions for overtime pay. First, there must be an agreement from the employee regarding overtime pay.
Second, the maximum overtime is 3 hours a day and 14 hours a week.
How to calculate the number of working days in a month, and how to calculate employee hours
Referring to the number of working hours stipulated in the Manpower Law, the calculation of the number of working days in a year for an employee is:
- 52 weeks’ x 40 hours = 2080 hours
Meanwhile, the number of working days for employees in a year will vary for each employee:
- 52 weeks’ x 5 (for companies that apply 5 working days) = 260 working days
- 52 weeks’ x 6 (for companies that apply 6 working days) = 312 working days
From the total number of working days in one year, we can also calculate the number of working days in one month, with the formula:
- 260 working days (for companies that apply 5 working days): 12 = 22 working days
- 312 working days (for companies that apply 6 working days): 12 = 26 working days
Difficulties related to setting employee working hours can be easily overcome if the company has a technology partner for the company’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS) solution.
To help the company’s HR data management needs, Talenta is here and offers the best HRIS product solutions.
Manage Employee Working Hours Easier With HRIS Talents
The HRIS (Human Resource Information System) service with the work shift application setting feature in Talenta’s product solutions can be utilized to simplify the process of dividing employee working hours in an efficient and practical manner.
The display of a user-friendly solution and easy operation also makes the task of HRD staff not too difficult in adopting Talenta’s technology solutions.
After knowing how many days or weeks in a month? 1 month or year how many working days? You also need to know how to calculate working hours and the number of working days in a month according to Indonesian regulations.
With talents, you can easily manage employee work schedules directly from the Talent HRIS system.
How to Create a Schedule (Work Schedule) from the Talent Settings menu
- Fill in the Name column for the name of the new schedule.
- Select the Pattern (work pattern) which is the reference for the employee’s work schedule. Make sure you have made a pattern first.
- Fill in the effective date of the schedule on the Effective Date.
- The initial Shift is the first shift used as of the Effective Date. Example: Effective Date is November 1, 2019 ( Friday on the calendar), then select initial shift number 5 (Friday shift). Because earlier, assumption number 1 was Monday.
- Override National Holiday when checked, national holidays will be counted as working days.
- Override Company Holiday when checked, company holidays set from the Calendar menu “Is this company holiday” will be counted as working days.
- Flexible when checked, a flexible work schedule will be applied to employees who use the schedule in question.
* (Flexibility will affect overtime: if the total working hours have not been reached, the system will not take into account the nominal overtime of the employee)
- Include Late in & Early Out if checked will affect the attendance report and overtime duration.
Latest Businesses helps you list your business on every possible business directory in the best possible way to increase your business is seen and recognized. This will increase the reach of your business profile in searches across different search engines.